This past weekend we had a wonderful family reunion and I just had to bring my mom’s Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert because that is what she brought to every family gathering we had while I was growing up. I remember so many of my cousins loving it and being excited when she walked in with it. It was nice that they remembered it too as I put it on the buffet table. It was great seeing everyone and meeting many new family members (to me) whether by marriage or the children of my cousin’s children. We had not had a reunion for over fifteen years so it was so special meeting young adults with families who I had not seen in some cases since they were 9 and 10 years old. The day was wonderful!!!
Well, back to this signature recipe of my mom’s. It is easy to make, can be made ahead of time and tastes delicious. It is like a cheescake bar using blueberry pie filling on the top. Being that it is rich, creamy and soft, it does serve up better on a plate with a fork rather than a hand held bar. I hope you enjoy this recipe as so many of our family members do.
- 16 Graham Crackers, crushed (or 1 and ½ cups boxed graham cracker crumbs)
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 can Blueberry Pie Filling
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray (or lightly butter)
- Blend crackers, butter and sugar together and press into bottom of pan, making a small ridge along the edge
- Using a mixer, blend the eggs, then add the sugar and cream cheese and beat well.
- Mix in the vanilla
- Pour over the crust and bake for 15 minutes
- Cool completely on a rack
- Spread the blueberry pie filling over the top and refrigerate until serving.
- Top each piece with whipped cream if desired