This is a great recipe to have for holiday parties, playoff games and the Super Bowl. It makes a large quantity, can be made with low or no fat ingredients and it tastes great. This is not a dip but a creamy spread for crackers or a small french bread (baguette). Since it needs time for flavors to marry, it can be made ahead which is great for entertaining. I have made this recipe so many times over the years I have forgotten where it came from. Anytime I have served this, I have had favorable comments and requests for the recipe. I like it too because I always look for variety in the appetizers I serve and this one being seafood, works well.
Next week I will be sharing a Chicken Taco soup that is made in the slow cooker and has a secret ingredient. I love a meal that you can fix in the morning before leaving the house and come home to a wonderful aroma. Occasionally I realize around lunch time that I have not yet planned something for dinner. I usually have these ingredients on hand and since it can be done in 4 hours on high in the slow cooker, it’s a winner in my book!
Until next week, enjoy this time with family and friends and Merry Christmas!
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small dice
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 packages (8 ounce) imitation crab cut into small pieces
- 1 small green pepper cut into small dice
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (or more to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together into a large bowl
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Transfer (all or a portion) into a serving bowl
- Serve with small crackers or a thinly sliced baguette